Dollar For seeks a diligent, energetic, and equity-focused Development Associate to help engage our supporters, drive our message out broadly, and educate patients about our services and charity care.
Dollar For is a national non-profit organization that crushes medical debt by making nonprofit hospital charity care programs known, easy and fair. Dollar For educates patients about charity care and gives them the tools they need to apply for assistance. In 2021, our viral TikTok video reached over 30 million people with tips and instructions for accessing charity care programs. To date, we have crushed over $21 million of medical debt. The new role will support this work by helping us tell our story to engage donors and build our funding base.
Dollar For’s key goals in our development work are:
- Raise funding to drive our work forward – at least $2M in 2023
- Build a strong set of institutional and individual donors who understand and believe in our mission and model
Dollar For is a small and growing non-profit. We seek to build a team of employees who want opportunities to grow and stretch with us over time. We commit to being a place you truly enjoy working with a culture where everyone celebrates the successes, gives and offers supportive feedback, and works together to solve problems and help patients.
Dollar For will begin reviewing applications in January 2023. Click here to submit your application.
- You’ll work closely with our Executive Director to develop and execute a fundraising strategy to inspire more people, companies, and foundations to join us on our mission to make Charity Care known easy and fair and achieve our goal of raising $2M in 2023.
- You’ll research and find creative ways to connect with foundations that align with our mission, build proposals that effectively share our story.
- You’ll help to strengthen and steward our current relationships as well as cultivate new relationships with prospective supporters.
- You’ll actively research, build, and manage a pipeline of prospective supporters moving them toward becoming passionate, engaged partners in our work.
- You’ll build out internal systems and processes to ensure we are highly efficient and focused in our approach.
- You’ll support our senior leadership and Board to effectively prioritize and focus their fundraising and partnership-building efforts in service of our goals.
- You’ll collaborate with Dollar For leadership to create content, proposals, and materials that showcase our work, demonstrate our impact, and inspire action.
Other operational support
- You’ll work closely with our Executive Director to support his external engagements, including speaking, media, travel, and provide other logistical support.
- You’ll work with our ED on special projects as they come up, including research, analysis, and operational support where necessary.
- You’re passionate about impact—you believe that our current healthcare system is broken and you want your work to help make a difference.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years of relevant fundraising, sales, or partnership-building.
- You have a gift for communication and community building in service of creating authentic and meaningful relationships.
- You love to write and believe in the power of language.
- You’re energized and at ease meeting new people—you love asking questions, listening for and learning what inspires folks, doing research, and connecting dots.
- You’re a strategic and systems-level thinker, yet also thrive digging into the details and executing on strategy.
- You have excellent organizational skills to consistently move projects forward and meet targets.
- You thrive when experimenting and continuously improving your programs.
Pay, Perks and Benefits
- The salary range for an Associate is $45,000 – $56,000. The final offered salary will depend upon the experience of the candidate.
- 35 hour work week and flexible scheduling.
- 100% remote work environment with a Dollar For provided computer.
- Dollar For provides all salaried staff with a bank of 20 days of paid time off (PTO) per year after the first 90 days of employment. In addition, Dollar For provides 15 paid holidays for all employees including federal holidays and a weeklong closure in late December.
- Currently, Dollar For is not able to offer additional benefits to employees.
Dollar For is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and differences of all kinds and are committed to an organizational culture in which everyone feels welcomed, included and valued. We encourage anyone who thinks they would be good at this role to apply. There is no such thing as the perfect candidate and we look forward to learning more about you!
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies. Click here to submit your application today.