First and foremost, Dollar For Portland will create a giving experience that will engage your customers in generosity and connect them to your brand for years to come. We will also provide you with beautiful social media content and promote all the good you are doing in the community throughout the year.
Host a Dollar For Portland Takeover
- Provide your customers with a promotional item for joining the Dollar For Portland movement.
- Promote the event on your social media pages
- Contribute to Dollar For Portland’s operation fund
What’s a Takeover, You Ask?
Dollar For Portland’s goal is to build a community of people that sign up for a $1 donation a month. Each month 100% of what we raise goes to a different family with overwhelming medical expenses. A takeover is a great way to grow our network together.
The Perfect Takeover Looks Like This:
- An Event: You’ll host a Takeover at your storefront. Your shop will offer a promotional item to anyone that signs up for a Dollar For Portland contribution. We’ll bring a volunteer with an iPad to sign them up, and you’ll give them the deal when they do. For example, Pip’s Doughnuts offered a free Dozen Doughnuts for anyone that signed up. Water Ave Coffee offered a free coffee or latte for anyone that signed up. It’s up to you what you want to offer to your customers!
- Social Media and Cross Promotion: We will send in a photographer a few weeks before the event to capture social media content. We’ll give you this content to promote the event on your social media, and we’ll send it out to our followers too! You can also use it throughout the year to promote the good you are doing in the community.
- Support our 100% Model: We promise that all portions of public donations will go towards the families we serve. That’s why we ask businesses like yours for an additional contribution that goes directly towards administrative costs. Those contributions help us maintain our 100% guarantee.